Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Mutual, April 2nd

Dear Young Women,
I am so sad that I had to miss mutual this week! I was very, very sick. 
I am so grateful for Sister Dutton taking over the mutual activity for me. It was so nice to be able to count on her! She texted me a picture of the work you girls did- the birthday sign looks even BETTER than I imagined! Great job everyone! I will be finishing it up tomorrow and then it will be ready for the next young woman's birthday!
Thank you, Marlee, for making the General Conference packets and journals. Marlee did that for a 10 hour personal progress project. 
I am excited for General Conference. I know that General Conference can answer any question that we might have. Pray before you watch and pay attention to the promptings of the Holy Ghost. Sometimes I find that I receive an answer straight from a speaker. Other times, my answer has nothing to do with what the speaker has said- I have simply been earnestly seeking and put myself in a situation where the promptings of the Spirit can be felt more readily.
Last conference for mutual we talked about different things we do to prepare for conference. One thing my husband's parents taught me was to dress in church attire. The way you dress reflects how you act. I find that if I wear my pajamas and am snuggled up on the couch with a blanket, I can fall asleep... But if I wear nice clothes and sit on the couch, instead of lay, I am much more attentive. I remember many of your suggestions: praying beforehand, praying with family, fasting, writing impressions down in a journal.
Please take this opportunity to listen to what our Heavenly Father wants us to know!
I also heard that Miss Sara got an injury. Darn it! I am so sorry.
And finally... Happy 13th Birthday to Dallas!! I wish I could have been there to celebrate with you! I hope it was very, very special! I can't believe you are already 13! When I first moved into the ward I remember being your Primary teacher. I was so impressed with your knowledge of the scriptures. I was sure you knew some scripture stories better than me. We are so blessed to have you in our ward and young women's group.
Have a wonderful week!
Love, Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment