Sunday, July 20, 2014

Family History Focused

Dear Young Women,
Today is the beginning of our family history focused activities.
I hope that you are excited to learn more about your ancestors and will allow the Spirit of Elijah to work upon you. I know that family history is important and have recently gained a strong testimony of the importance of finding those who need their temple work done.
I have been working on familysearch.org and finding family members who need their temple ordinances performed. Friday night Brother Chambers and I were able to attend the temple. I took all of the names I had gathered so far- 139 in all! We were able to be sealed for about 20 couples and now have sealings to perform for children to parents, as well as baptisms, confirmations, initiatory and endowment.
I hope I can count on your girls to help me get the baptisms and confirmations completed!
What a neat experience it was to know that I was helping someone of my own family to have something so special. Being sealed to your spouse for eternity is a special gift from our father in heaven and I felt so happy to be able to serve as proxy so my ancestors can receive that gift.
What great service family history is as we find those who need their temple work done and then to help as we can, to perform those ordinances by proxy.
What a spiritual next two weeks we will have as a young women's group as we focus on family history and the temple!
Love, Sister Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment